Yes, I researched all of these. No, I won't ever get that time back. Yes, mountain biking, skateboarding, hiking and nearly everything else you can think of is a more viable solution.
That said, who wants to play laser tag?
- Making the bed burns about 128 calories per hour. There are 24 hours in a day. Commit to any 8 of your choosing.
- 30 minutes of bowling = 150 calories. 300 calories per hour for 3 hours = 1,000 calories.
- Take your lawnmower to a local park and cut the grass for 2.5 hours, voila.
- Ever wish you could juggle? It takes about 350 calories to learn. Once you've got it, walk to a friends house and teach him how.
- Fish in a stream with waders for 2 hours. Juggle for 15 minutes.
- 10 minutes of teeth brushing burns 28 calories. 1 hour burns 168. If you brush your teeth for 5.5 hours at work, you're golden.
- Somersaults and other gymnastics burn 280+ calories an hour. By that math, 4 hours of somersaults ought to do the trick.
- Yodeling while standing burns around 110 calories per hour. Find a good setting and belt for 8.5 hours.
- Headbanging burns around 150 calories an hour.
- Feeling festive? Hanging Christmas lights will scorch through 100 calories an hour.
- Vigorous laser tag can shoot down 550 calories an hour. Round up a team and blast newbs for 2 hours.
- 15 minutes of genuine laughter can burn around 40 calories. There are 1440 minutes in a day.
- Everyone has to take out the trash sooner or later. If you just do a sweep of the building or your neighborhood for 7 hours, you're in the clear.
- Inflating a giant plastic duck for the pool for 15 minutes will burn nearly 75 calories. 14 ducks is the magic number.
- Bear crawl for one hour a day. Most lunch breaks are an hour. Just saying.
- Bounce your knee under your desk for 8 hours of meetings.
- Lawn darts burn through 90 calories in an hour.
I burned 1,000 calories typing this nonsense.